Sumary of De Beers Group consolidates leadership in management shakeup:
- De Beers Group is streamlining its management structure by consolidating the leadership of its jewellery houses, expanding Céline Assimon’s role to lead De Beers Jewellers and De Beers Forevermark.
- The move comes as De Beers Group announced that Nancy Liu, currently chief executive of De Beers Forevermark, has decided to leave the business.
- Assimon, chief executive of De Beers Jewellers will expand her role to lead both jewellery houses.
- In her expanded role, Assimon will continue to report to Stephen Lussier, who is chairman of both jewellery houses, and “will shape a coordinated offering focused on beautiful diamonds, inspiring design and connecting consumers to De Beers’ Building Forever mission”.
- De Beers added that positioning the two jewellery houses under Assimon’s leadership represents the “latest step in the evolution to a ‘one De Beers’ strategy”.