Sumary of Fausto Puglisi on reviving Cavalli; partisan chic and working with Mike Tyson:
- Published Jul 20, 2021 Reading time 5 minutes Download Print Text size aA+ aA- Published Jul 20, 2021 Fausto Puglisi has unveiled his debut collection for the house of Roberto Cavalli, and the designer has come out swinging.
- A Sicilian-born designer who has dressed the likes of Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez, Puglisi presented a techno-Tuscan-rock-star collection that felt like an instant hit.
- Born in Messina, an ancient city founded by the Greeks 2,800 years ago that boasts Norman and gothic influences, Puglisi is a composite designer himself, blending Italian exuberance with Californian cool.
- He showed his first women’s ideas for Cavalli in February, and followed that up last night with his debut menswear show for the Florentine marque.
- So we caught up with this maximalist from Messina to hear about how he plans to revive Cavalli and hear about his colorful vision for the brand.