Sumary of Fendi: minimalism collides with pop eclecticism:
- In the parterre, among other VIPs, the British singer Lily Allen, the American La La Anthony, the Korean ambassador Dami Kim together with the Hong Kong actress Louise Wong, the Italian actress Miriam Leone and the French Garance Marillier.
- «In Fendi – summarizes Silvia Venturini Fendi – everything stems from the conversation around the double F, which makes us see things in pairs.
- The research on materials is as thorough as ever: organic textures in cashmere and fur, shearling and leather appear layered with technical fabrics, while satin is hybridized with a mesh fabric and supported by raised sneakers or rubber platforms.
- “I wanted to explore – he says – the notion of functional utility together with femininity, because Fendi women have a rich, busy life and are very strong”.
- The bags reaffirm the dualism that pervades the collection, combining shiny leathers and neutral canvases, bold and natural tones and sometimes chained together.
- You enter an ethereal dimension, but at the same time sporty, thanks to floating layers of technical organza or nylon jersey, embellished with lacquered embroidery, while the silhouettes lengthen and move with crossings on the back.
- The starting point of creative director Kim Jones is the period between the 1990s and the early 2000s, when Karl Lagerfeld fell in love with the kimono, obi belts and tablier, the French apron-inspired dress, to wear when serving.