Sumary of Footwear: exports rose 25% in the first quarter:
- In total, exports in the first quarter generated 493 million euros for the sector.
- In the growth of national footwear in extra-Community markets, especially in the United States, where the evolution was 64.8%, to 22 million euros.
- Therefore, despite all the external constraints, the indicators suggest that 2022 will be a year of affirmation for Portuguese footwear in international markets, he concludes.
- In the first three months of the year, Portugal exported 21 million pairs of footwear, which represents an increase of 25.2% compared to the same period in 2021.
- After two years of the pandemic, this expressive growth in extra-community markets represents an evolution that allows the sector’s strategy to deepen its presence in markets with high growth potential, underlines Luís Onofre, president of APICCAPS.
- In Canada, Portuguese footwear grew 62%, to 5 million euros, while in China the balance was 96%, to 3.8 million euros, and in Japan, it was 37.4%, to 2.5 million of euros.