Sumary of Frankfurt Fashion Week promotes “form follows planet” for sustainability in the European fashion industry:
- A recent conference organised by Fashion Council Germany titled “The New European Bauhaus – Werkstatt der Zukunft” brought together international experts in the context of Frankfurt Fashion Week to redefine the future of the European fashion and textile industry.
- The conference was inspired by EC president Ursula von der Leyen‘s initiative “The New European Bauhaus”, which she first presented in her “State of the Union” address in September 2020.
- It should be replaced by show fashion that is circular,” said Leyen in Tuesday’s opening speech.
- Frankfurt Fashion Week / German Fashion Council The interdisciplinary movement wants to bring the “Green Deal” to the people, “convening a space of encounter to recuperate and revisit sustainable practices, empower the most inspiring practices of today and design future ways of living, at the crossroads between art, culture, social inclusion, science, digitalisation and technology”.Lucie and Luke Meier talk about sustainable fashion design One of the sessions was about sustainable fashion, in which Christiane Arp, chairwoman and founding member of the Fashion Council Germany, talked with Lucie and Luke Meier, creative directors at Jil Sander, about the sustainable future of the industry.
- it has to serve the person and become effective design.” Frankfurt Fashion Week / German Fashion Council The husband-and-wife duo live in Vancouver, Canada, which is very nature-focused, and they spend as much time outdoors as they can.