Sumary of “Frida Kahlo. Beyond appearances” at the Palais Galliera: the intimacy of an artist nourished by h…:
- Frida Kahlo revealing her painted corset under her huipil by Florence Arquin, circa 1951.
- Beyond Appearances at the Palais Galliera, which celebrates one of the most recognized and influential artists of the 20th century, brings together 200 objects from Casa Azul, the house where Frida Kahlo was born and raised.
- Frida Kahlo will also spend time with Dora Maar, Jacqueline Lamba and Alice Rahon.
- Frida Kahlo was born there, lived most of her life there, and died there in 1954.
- Her father, Wilhelm (Guillermo) Kahlo, a German émigré, arrived in Mexico
- In San Francisco, photographed by great photographers, Frida Kahlo shaped her unique Tehuana style and began to paint.
- Beyond Appearances at the Palais Galliera: This outfit was among Frida Kahlo’s favorites and she wore it when she painted.