Sumary of Gap Inc. releases 2020 Global Sustainability Report:
- In a summary of its actions and progress towards its sustainability commitments, Gap Inc. has released its 2020 Global Sustainability Report detailing the international efforts of the company and each of its brands, including Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta.
- The report includes a company analysis on its development of an inclusive workplace, community involvement and equality programmes, alongside the outlining of a range of sustainable initiatives carried out by both brands and at a company level.
- Material production On a company level, Gap Inc. announced its goal of 100 percent more sustainable cotton by 2025, already heading towards the target through a partnership with the US Cotton Trust Protocol.
- The report additionally highlighted the company’s new garment folding standards, which they claim have reduced the size of polybags, alongside the implementation of a new 50 percent recycled content mailer.
- Gap’s Gap for Good commitment has seen the retailer utilise a water-saving WashwellTM programme, with 91 percent of Gap denim produced in 2020 part of the production.