Sumary of Gossip Girl’s Costumer Eric Daman Promises There Will Be OG Easter Eggs to Spot:
- We work 14-/16-hour days, and it’s very labor-intensive, especially episodic.A friend of mine was doing a very small indie, and I just wanted to go re-explore my roots, get back to the basics, as one does.
- I had a really great string of films, indie films.
- I’d done maybe six, seven, 10, indie films back to back and was kind of making my mark in the indie world.
- And I had met and was booked to work on Todd Solondz, who had done Welcome to the Dollhouse.
- I was definitely pulled toward the Todd Solondz project, and my boyfriend, Brian, who’s here with me now, was like, “Let’s just read the first page of Gossip Girl.” Smart.
- He ended up reading and doing a dramatic interpretation of the whole script for me, and I was just smitten with the idea of these super-rich kids behaving terribly and what we can do with the passion for it.
- It was really two very different worlds if you think of the Todd Solondz indie world and then this Gossip Girl phenomenon.Literally the next day, I was supposed to get on a plane to Florida for the Todd film, and the financing got pulled.