Sumary of Hellessy: Laid-back glamour from Manhattan to Miami:
- Published Sep 14, 2021 Reading time 4 minutes Download Print Text size aA+ aA- Published Sep 14, 2021 Not every designer inspires to be a revolutionary artist.
- Case in point: Hellessy, a brand founded by expert merchandiser Sylvie Millstein in her own Soho studio in 2012, which has won a loyal following for its pared-down elegance.
- Sylvie Millstein – Photo: Hellessy Born and raised in Paris, Millstein moved with her family to Manhattan after a brilliant long career as a top merchant, including stints with Chanel, Givenchy, and Harrods in Europe.
- Millstein’s designs for Hellessy have appeared in US Vogue, Elle and Harper’s Bazaar, and she counts Emily Ratajkowski, Priyanka Chopra, Cara Delevingne, Kristen Stewart and Rihanna as fans of the marque.
- For next spring she showed easy and nonchalant dresses in materials like fuchsia satin that “just wrapped around the butt,” as Sylvie put it.