Sumary of Here’s What Everyone Wore to Online Ceramics’s First Gallery Show:
- Before Alix Ross and Elijah Funk launched Online Ceramics, they were two kids trying to make it as fine artists.
- That’s where the name Online Ceramics came from: they envisioned starting a website where they could sell their ceramic sculptures, and they jumped on the domain name.
- The rest was acid-dipped history: their bugged-out, Grateful Dead-influenced merch designs caught fire with a new generation of deadheads (including the likes of John Mayer, Emily Ratajkowski, and Virgil Abloh), and soon they were collaborating with their favorite band.
- Featuring nine graphic paintings and a sculpture, the work “is like Online Ceramics at full blast,” says Funk.
- hoodie—a flute-playing skeleton jester riding on the back of a turtle—and renders it as a six-foot-tall bronze monument.