Sumary of Inauguration day fashion: Harris wears young black designer Christopher John Rogers:
- Her outfit is not only widely photographed but also preserved at the National Museum of American History, alongside previous FLOTUS’ dresses including those of Michelle Obama, Laura Lane Bush and Jacqueline Kennedy..
- Dr Jill Biden stuck to the convention of putting US fashion at the fore, opting for a deep ocean-blue tweed coat and dress by emerging sustainable designer Alexandra O’Neill label, Markarian..
- For some time the fashion world had been guessing what Kamala Harris would wear for the historic moment when she would be sworn in as the US first female vice-president..
- There was speculation also about what new president Joe Biden would wear, and how his and Harris choices would reflect their administration values..
- EPA/Jonathan Ernst Vice President-elect Kamala Harris in an outfit by Christopher John Rogers and her husband Douglas Emhoff in Ralph Lauren arrive at the United States Capitol…..
Jill and Joe Biden. Photograph: EPA/Jonathan Ernst
Vice President-elect Kamala Harris in an outfit by Christopher John Rogers and her husband Douglas Emhoff in Ralph Lauren arrive at the United States Capitol. Photograph: EPA/Rod Lamkey
Christopher John Rogers, designer of Kamala Harris’s outfit, walks the runway during New York Fashion Week, 2019. Photograph: Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images
Joe Biden is sworn in as U.S. President as his wife Dr Jill Biden looks on. Photograph: Alex Wong/Getty Images