Sumary of Italian men’s fashion has changed pace in 2021:
- Other significant export data concern the Netherlands (up + 17.7%), Russia (+ 3.8%), Belgium (+ 33.9%), Poland (+ 60.2%) and Austria (+ 11.2%).
- Spain recorded a good increase, + 19.1%, but South Korea did even better, + 22.9%.
- On the other hand, Hong Kong, in tenth position, shows a slump in Italian exports of the sector to the extent of -3.4%.
- Bangladesh, in second place, shows an increase of + 1.2%.
- China jumped to fourth place, overtaking the USA, by virtue of a very sustained average annual increase, equal to + 58.8%, for a total of 523 million euros (representing 7.3% of the total) .
- By product, the best performance was recorded by knitwear, growing by + 23.1% on an annual basis, while on much lower values leather clothing did very well (+ 23.2%).
- The increases in imports from France (+ 22.5%) and Spain (+ 28.0%), as well as from the Netherlands (+ 30.4%) and Belgium (+ 27.5%) are decidedly more sustained.