Sumary of Lockdown results in permanent shift to online shopping:
- The length and severity of lockdown in the UK has resulted in a permanent shift to consumers shopping online, new data reveals..
- Recent data by Dressipi revealed shoppers are continuing to make purchases online instead of in-store, with around 30 percent growth online year on year..
- The research also found that retailers who would previously make 70 percent of their sales in-store will now likely be closer to 50 percent..
- Online shopping leads to better customer insights The increase in online shopping means many retailers now have access to more customer data than ever before..
- Online sales are predicted to grow post-pandemic and brands will be expected to integrate the digital and physical shopping experience..
- Services such as buy online, pick up in-store, curbside pick-up, digital checkout, virtual concierge, will come to be expected by consumers….