Sumary of Manolo Blahnik wins trademark dispute in China after two decades of struggle:
- Months later, the Supreme Court issued a final decision confirming the invalidation with Commenting on the verdict, Blahnik, founder and creative director of his his brand, said: We are truly honored and grateful for the support we have received in China and internationally, both from fashion industry and outside it.
- A lawsuit to invalidate an illegal trademark registration that incorporated Manolo Blahnik and that prevented the designer from using his own name throughout China.
- Manolo Blahnik Furthermore, the legal victory sets a strong precedent for others in the industry to assert their rights against pirated brands in China.
- My sincere thanks to the Supreme People’s Court of China and everyone involved in this long case.
- The struggle to claim the brand began in 2000 and the successful completion of the process paves the way for the brand to be marketed nationwide for the first time.
- Manolo Blahnik will continue to vigorously protect its brands around the world in the interests of my uncle Manolo, our customers and our company. Manolo Blahnik Kristina Blahnik also told The Financial Times: It was a huge void in our existence.
- The result means that, for the first time since 1999, Manolo Blahnik will be able to use his name and make his designs available to customers across China.