Sumary of Meet Reece Yeboah: The London designer behind the new menswear label to know:
- It had been two years since the young London-based designer’s fashion label, Saint London, had gone from a mere idea to filling the racks at Selfridges and being worn by big name celebrities like Future, Gucci Mane and Lewis Hamilton.
- His mother dressed him in brands like Prada, Moschino, GAP, Nike and Avirex from a young age, and he reminisces fondly about being stopped by older kids in his local area, each desperate to learn where he had picked up his latest piece from.
- “Me and my mate Christian tried to replicate him by starting a brand called Pirate Boyz Club, which failed terribly but I guess it’s the thought that counts,” he laughs.
- Yeboah decided to take the plunge in 2013 – he dropped out of college and, with the help of his mentor Katy Lavett, Saint London was born.
- “The story behind Saint London and the name behind it stems from feeling like a underdog and a black sheep, hence the black and white colour scheme,” he explains.