Sumary of Milan Fashion Week: Gucci launches Vault feat vintage pieces:
- Gucci, which famously “hacked” Balenciaga last season, is now launching an e-commerce site showcasing refurbished vintage Gucci products and capsule collections by young designers.
- People visit the Gucci unveiled new on-line concept store, called Gucci Vault(AP) If the fashion industry is going to change, now is the moment, say insiders — even if the temptation to go back to old habits is great.
- Highlights from the fourth day of Milan runway shows Saturday for next spring and summer:GUCCI VAULTGucci on Saturday launched an e-commerce site featuring refurbished vintage Gucci pieces alongside capsule collections by young designers chosen by Gucci creative director Alessandro Michele.
- Michele said the project was born out of his life-long obsession with collecting fashion, including Gucci items before he ever joined the brand.
- The young designers featured included London-based Priya Ahluwalia.