Sumary of Nike definitely leaves the Russian market and will no longer reopen its stores:
- Nike announced on Thursday (June 23) that it will leave the Russian market for good and has no plans to reopen its stores, which were temporarily closed following sanctions against Moscow for the illegal invasion of Ukraine.
- The group did not elaborate on the reasons for the decision, saying only that “in recent times, Nike cannot guarantee the delivery of goods to Russian buyers.
- Nike says the orders were canceled as a result and will be refunded.
- After McDonald’s and Ikea, this is the umpteenth iconic western brand to leave the Russian market, after having crashed there at the end of the Soviet Union.
- Nike stores have recently closed and will not reopen, the group said in a message on its Russian website.
- And the Nike mobile app will no longer be available in this region.
- Nike store in Moscow, May 2019 – Photo: Shutterstock – AFP A Nike Inc. decided to leave the Russian market.