Sumary of NYFW SS22: Christian Siriano brings the glamour back to New York:
- Christian Siriano kicked off New York Fashion Week with opulent glamour filled with cascading evening gowns and sharp tailored suits in neon hues, showcased by an inclusive and diverse cast of models.
- Siriano looked to his past for spring/summer 2022, taking inspiration from old photographs of his grandmother from the ’60s and 70’ on holiday in Positano wearing vibrant orange.
- Image: courtesy of Christian Siriano by Getty/Mike Coppola Commenting on the inspiration behind his spring/summer 2022 collection, Siriano said in the show notes: “In a time when so many of us need an escape from the world, fashion is a great place to explore.
- ” Image: courtesy of Christian Siriano by Getty/Mike Coppola This collection had it all, whimsical ruffled neon ballgowns, statement suits with asymmetric tailoring, shimmering polka dot dresses, over-the-top shoulder and arm detailing, slinky dresses with thigh-high slits, black lace sheaths, stripes, feather trims and full-frontal cut-outs.
- Image: courtesy of Christian Siriano by Getty/Mike Coppola Siriano, added: “I hope this collection transports you like it did me and demonstrates that fashion remains to be both nostalgic but also hopeful for what is to come in the future.