Sumary of Olympics 2021: Let the fashion policing begin on opening day of Tokyo Games:
- (AP) There’s the Czech Republic and its traditional indigo block-print design with matching fans, already the butt of some jokes.
- Liberia received the gift of designer Telfar Clemens, the buzzy Liberian American who makes sought-after bags and created their kits for the first time.
- In more modern times, parade uniforms often pay homage to a host country, in addition to traditions, athletic feats and patriotic flourishes.
- In this undated photo provided by Sportscraft, a blazer designed for the Australian Olympic team is displayed.
- For the closing ceremony, Canada’s Olympic organizers teamed with Levi’s to produce a denim “Canadian tuxedo” jacket alive with Japanese street-style graffiti to be worn with white denim pants.