Sumary of Paris Men’s Fashion Week: focus on Louis Vuitton and Rick Owens:
- Awesome construction worker jackets and overalls for working in the warehouse, with a luxurious touch on each piece; infinity monogram rainbow denim; or crochet flower monograms.
- Rick Owens: Ramses ‘n’ Roll Rick Owens is looking further and further afield for inspiration for these latest collections, and this season he’s returned to the very cradle of civilization: Egypt.
- All leading up to the finale, with two tops sporting nylon mesh khats, headpieces worn by nobility, one in yellow and the other in pink.
- But the great thing about Rick Owens is that nothing is ever too literal.
- Virgil Abloh’s influence can be felt even in the format of a notebook Which wasn’t so bad, because this fashion show was as powerful as it was punchy.
- LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault – Vuitton’s boss – has always loved awe-inspiring runway shows, and this one was quite monumental, with a winding yellow catwalk the size of a parking ramp, which climbed up to the windows of the third floor.
- Like this Thursday, when the luxury brand Louis Vuitton mixed French romanticism with hip-hop, while Californian Rick Owens was inspired by ancient Egypt.