Sumary of Pitti Uomo exceeds expectations:
- The boss of Pitti Uomo has not the slightest doubt about the decision to keep the fair going at all costs, although just a few days ago it seemed like a gamble given the spate of Covid cases and the Omicron variant.
- “A challenge,” said most of the participants, who praised the courage of the Italian organizers.
- While the Florentine event that opens the men’s season ended on Thursday with plenty of stalls still busy on the final day, early numbers and estimates are proving them right.
- Especially on Wednesday, the second day, many visitors came – Pitti Immagine According to the data collected by Pitti Immagine around noon of this final day, the event, which hosted the Pitti Bimbo No. 94 for children’s fashion, in addition to the 101st edition of the leading fair for men’s fashion , a total of 4,900 buyers, 30% of whom came from abroad.
- European buyers in particular came in large numbers: France (134), Holland (134), Spain (123), Germany (118), Great Britain, Switzerland, Belgium and Turkey.
- Northern Europeans were also represented: Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland (60 buyers in total).
- There were also buyers from the US and Russia, as well as a handful from China, Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong.
- Compared to the show at the end of June, when the Pitti returned to its physical format after a year of the pandemic, the area has almost doubled.