Sumary of Prince Harry can wear the uniform at the wake of Elizabeth II: Buckingham Palace changes his mind:
- Both, therefore, had to take a step back: only working royals can wear full uniform, like Princess Anne or Prince William.
- The paradox of this situation is that Harry and Andrea are also the only ones to have served active in the field, as a note from the Sussex spokesperson recalled: The decade of military service is not determined by the uniform he wears .
- The death of Queen Elizabeth II 16 September 2022 Prince Andrew and Prince Harry are the only members of the royal family to have served in the field, but also the only ones who can no longer wear the uniform.
- Activate notifications to receive updates on The death of Queen Elizabeth II ACTIVATE THE UPDATES After the death of Queen Elizabeth II in the United Kingdom, a period of mourning has begun that will culminate with the state funeral of the sovereign, scheduled for Monday 19 September at 12 (Italian time).
- Now it seems that Buckingham Palace has also changed his mind about Prince Harry, allowing him to wear the uniform during the official vigil on an exceptional basis.
- Prince Andrew, on the other hand, was deprived of his titles due to a huge scandal related to sexual offenses, in which he was involved along with the tycoon Jeffrey Epstein.
- For days there was talk of a special dispensation for Prince Andrew, who will be able to wear the uniform as a sign of respect during the vigil at Westminster Hall.