Sumary of Queen Elizabeth’s favorite snack: what she has been eating since she was a child:
- Jam pennies, the queen’s favorite sweets What’s more English than the five o’clock tea ritual?
- There are foods that bring us back to childhood, small pleasures that accompany us to the table even as adults.
- At the table the sovereign is habitual: the menu generally includes fish or meat accompanied by vegetables.
- Other than sophisticated creams or haute patisserie creations: the queen is a practical woman who loves the simplicity of bread, butter and jam.
- Of strawberries, she reveals the chef, rigorously harvested on her estates in Balmoral, Scotland.
- A sweet memory of carefree childhood, when the crown was only a remote possibility and the days passed serene among horses and dolls’ houses.
- Queen Elizabeth is no exception: her favorite comfort food her favorite is jam pennies, an easy-to-make sweet that the queen eats every day, ever since she had tea in the playroom with her little sister Margaret.