Sumary of Quirky Saudi vintage collector lays down a challenge to the fast-fashion world:
- JEDDAH: A young Saudi fashion enthusiast is trying to make people aware of vintage fashion and the footprint that fast fashion has on the world.
- Alia Kurdi is a 27-year-old fashion enthusiast who collects, designs, and sells vintage clothes in Saudi Arabia.
- She told Arab News that her grandfather collected Versace shirts that were often loud and bright, “He didn’t dress like the typical Arab man.
- I still wear some of his shirts today, and people compliment them and are often shocked to find out that they belong to my grandfather.
- People in Saudi Arabia have always recycled their used items through charity.