Sumary of Robert van de Kerkhof (Lenzing): Lenzing had to position itself as a brand of sustainable fabrics:
- Sales Director Robert van de Kerkhof explains the company’s strategy and also talks about the effects of the health crisis on business activities, the transformation of the textile industry and the upcoming energy challenges.
- We hope that more modal will come out of our plant in Nanjing (China) by the end of the year.
- We now know that the pandemic has made consumers care much more about environmental issues.
- In sport you can afford to have different brands of material.
- And we are part of the UN initiative Together for Sustainability, which deals in particular with questions of traceability.
- And the gulf that separates us from mechanical recycling of polyester is wide, even though recycled polyester should be the norm.
- Robert van de Kerkhof: The pandemic led to great uncertainty.