Sumary of Royal dress code in case of bereavement: only skirts for women (which hide a “trick”):
- Activate the notifications to receive updates on The death of Queen Elizabeth II ACTIVATE THE UPDATES The dress code of the royal family, in case of mourning, is very strict: the royal family must follow very specific style rules, which outline how to dress at funeral ceremonies and how to show oneself in public In these days, after the death of Elizabeth II, we have seen recurring elements in women’s clothing.
- Women do not wear trousers, but only skirts: and with a particularity.
- Camilla Parker Bowles, Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, Eugenie and Beatrice of York, Princess Anne: they were all present to greet the sovereign and accompany her on this last journey.
- They have aligned themselves with the dress code imposed on them, in the name of sobriety, order and decorum.
- It is no coincidence that they have been called mourning jewels since the time of Queen Victoria: the pearl symbolizes the tear.
- On the same occasion she also wore pearls Meghan Markle, a pair of simple and elegant earrings, not at all flashy.
- Pearls and black, symbols of mourning Women wore pearl jewelry, not only because they were the favorites of the deceased sovereign, but also because they are the only ones allowed on this occasion.