Sumary of The EU strengthens sanctions on Russia, stop importing gold:
- It is reiterated that EU sanctions do not in any way aim at trade in agricultural products between third countries and Russia.
- A new import ban on Russian gold is introduced, strengthening export controls on advanced technologies.
- It will also strengthen reporting obligations to tighten the freezing of assets in the EU.
- Russia’s brutal war against Ukraine continues unabated.
- We therefore propose to tighten our tough EU sanctions against the Kremlin, apply them more effectively and extend them until January 2023.