Sumary of There’s a Special Story Behind Zendaya’s Look at Essence’s Black Women in Hollywood Awards:
- Nothing says power like an exaggerated shoulder silhouette — just take a look at Zendaya’s gorgeous outfit at Essence’s Black Women in Hollywood Awards on Thursday night..
- But what made the actress’s vintage blue-gray YSL top and slit maxi skirt even more striking was the special story behind the look..
- Celebrity stylist and image architect Law Roach revealed Zendaya’s top was originally a dress owned by Eunice Walker Johnson, the late Black businesswoman who changed fashion for Black women in the ’60s and ’70s..
- The trailblazer started Ebony Fashion Fair, a global fashion tour that showcased haute couture fashions for Black women, spotlighting Black models and designers in the process..
- Eunice had worn the silk dress, paired with a sleek black maxi skirt similar to Zendaya’s, in an old issue of Ebony, as Law shared on his Instagram…