Sumary of Timberland plans to build the first regenerative rubber supply system:
- Timberland is continuing to expand its regenerative leather offerings with plans to build the world first regenerative rubber supply system for the footwear industry in partnership with Terra Genesis International (TGI)..
- Working alongside its parent company VF Corporation and sister brands Vans and The North Face with TGI, the new regenerative rubber supply system will be developed in Thailand, with Timberland hoping to pilot its first Regenerative Rubber footwear in 2023..
- The scheme will utilise local indigenous knowledge, where regenerative rubber farming incorporates multiple tree species to mimic a natural forest ecosystem..
- This revitalises biodiversity and enhances ecosystem services such as soil health, water cycling, carbon sequestration and the creation of favourable microclimates..
- This approach, explains Timberland also provides a diversity of yields that farmers can rely on for multiple streams of income, leading to increased resiliency and long-lasting positive impacts for the community…