Sumary of Tokyo 2020 Olympic torchbearers wear uniforms made from recycled bottles:
- The white T-shirts and trousers worn by torchbearers carrying the Olympic flame at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic torch relay have been made from recycled plastic bottles collected by Coca-Cola.
- The Tokyo Olympic Association designed the unisex Olympic torchbearer uniforms under the theme Hope lights our way.
- Above: the designs are meant to reflect hope”Based on the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay concept ‘Hope Lights Our Way’, great importance is being placed on delivering an outstanding Japanese-style Torch Relay with a seamless continuity to the Tokyo 2020 Games,” said the association.
- The association’s design team – which is headed by Olympic design director Daisuke Obana – collaborated with Coca-Cola to create the uniforms for the relay, which is currently underway in Japan.
- The material choice aligns with the Games’ sustainability goals, which aim to “deliver a sustainable Games.