Sumary of Trans Model Leyna Bloom Cried Into Tyra’s Arms When She Saw Her Sports Illustrated Cover: “This Is a Huge Milestone”:
- Leyna Bloom, the first Black, Asian trans model to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s annual Swim issue, was waiting for her coffee to arrive when I jumped on the phone with her — not that she needed caffeine to spur on any more excitement.
- Leyna’s team told her she was going to meet up with fellow SI rookies and vets to celebrate the release of the 2021 magazine, which she was just grateful to be featured in.
- I want to bask in this moment and enjoy July 19, 2021, because today will be a historical day in history.
- ” Leyna joins Megan Thee Stallion and Naomi Osaka on the 58th installment of this major magazine that has transformed throughout the years and fostered a diverse community rooted in self-love and acceptance.
- Valentina Sampaio was the first transgender model to grace the pages in 2020, and Halima Aden memorably made history as the first hijab-wearing model.