Sumary of Transparency Index: What are the blind spots in the fashion industry?:
- Regarding the minimum living wage, around which a coalition has just launched a European campaign, only 27% of companies specify their relationship with locations.
- But it also provides an overview of CSR issues that are currently not or only marginally addressed by the industry, and that should eventually become more important in building a sustainable and fair industry.
- And only 2% indicate the number of orders in which this separation between negotiation and wages occurred.
- No less than 45% of them report measurable and timed strategies for the use of sustainable materials.
- More than brands (8%) report that they are taking steps to promote racial and ethnic equality among their suppliers.
- Nearly half of brands (45%) report measurable and timed strategies for using sustainable materials – Shutterstock In terms of combating overproduction, only 15% of respondents specify the quantities of clothing they produce annually.