Sumary of Two labels celebrating the lightness of being:
- Labels-to-WatchCan clothes make you forget the boundaries and clutter of everyday life for a moment?
- Perhaps, when one slips into the plissé dresses of Julia Heuer or gauze shirts of Ala Sowiar.
- While plissé and prints are the hallmarks of Julia Heuer’s eponymous label, and multi-layered and transparent textiles are those of Sowiar’s brand Halo Labels, what unites them is their approach to fashion and the unusual garments that emerge as a result.
- Image: Julia Heuer AW21 NPCLoomJulia Heuer: Pleated, fancy and joy Julia Heuer creates her whimsical, colourful prints herself.
- Before founding her label in 2017, she designed prints for major fashion houses at the Swiss textile design company Jakob Schlaepfer.