Sumary of Valentino brings haute couture back to Rome. Piccioli: “This is where it all begins”:
- We belong to this place as much as it belongs to the world and to Valentino “: Pierpaolo Piccioli, creative director of Maison Valentino, used these words to announce that the autumn-winter 202223 high fashion show will be held in the capital and not in Paris, where the brand traditionally presented its haute couture creations.
- At the basis of this return seven years later there could be an anniversary: in 2022 the founder of the fashion house, Valentino Garavani, will turn 90 (in May to be exact) and it seems difficult to find a more suitable place than the capital, to celebrate this.
- «With this great event Rome returns to the center of the international fashion scene», commented the mayor Roberto Gualtieri, thanking the maison for this return.
- «Rome is where it all begins, life, people, our stories and our identities reside here.
- The event will be held on July 8 between Piazza Mignanelli, the seat of the company’s historic headquarters, and the nearby Piazza di Spagna and sees the collaboration with Roma Capitale.