Sumary of VF Corp aims to eliminate single-use plastic packaging by 2025:
- VF Corp, whose portfolio includes brands Supreme, The North Face, Timberland, and Vans, has announced a goal to eliminate all single-use plastic packaging, including polybags, by 2025..
- The remaining non-plastic packaging used by the US business and its brands will be reduced, originate from sustainable sources, and be designed for reuse or recyclability, the company said..
- Ahead of that target, all single-use plastics in product packaging will be 100 percent recycled, biobased content, or a combination of the two by 2023..
- Additionally, all paper-based packaging will be recycled content – a minimum of 80 percent, where performance allows – third-party certified virgin content or a combination of the two by 2023..
- VF Corp vice president of global sustainability Jeannie Renné-Malone said the move could potentially eliminate as many as 100 million polybags from its packaging waste in a single year…