Sumary of Zubi celebrates a decade of life restarting its activity in the wholesale channel:
- The ‘ready to wear’ is giving us a lot of joy, we have a very good ‘sell through’ and hardly any leftover stock, but we still have a lot to learn, says Elena.
- Zubi succeeded: the accessories and fashion brand managed to make the concept of a Zubi refer to cotton bags printed with photographs that, apparently simple, kept a family history under their zipper, but also an industrial one.
- Still life with one of the Zubi-Zubi-Facebook bags The origin of Zubi is, precisely, in a cotton bag with a superimposed photograph that Mercedes Zubizarreta gave to her sister, Elena.
- Years of the brand we focused on the multi-brand and we were present in 15 countries with a hundred clients, Elena Zubizarreta, co-founder of the firm, told FashionNetwork.com.
- Added to this was the fact that we were starting in the ‘ready to wear’ category, whose rhythms we could not then adapt to the needs of the multi-brand, Elena details.
- A year after its foundation, the Zubizarreta sisters (who were then combining the project with other jobs) traveled to Paris to present their bags at the Who’s Next fair.
- One of the greatest successes for a company is to achieve commercial synecdoche, that is, to take the part for the whole and for one of its articles to name a category.