Sumary of Gucci, goodbye. Alessandro Michele leaves the role of creative director:
- A look from the adidas x Gucci capsule, the latest for FW 2223 designed by Alessandro Michele (Photo: Imaxtree).
- ] I want to thank Alessandro for his twenty-year commitment to Gucci and for his vision, dedication and unconditional love for this distinctive Maison, over the years as creative director» said Marco Bizzarri, president and CEO of Gucci.
- Starting from the timing: the designer has held the role of creative director since 21 January 2015. And in almost 8 years at the helm and over twenty years of work in the ranks of the brand, he has completely reformulated its aesthetics, grafting into the Gucci codes from the very beginning own vision of style, fashion, life.
- François-Henri Pinault, chairman of Kering echoed him: «The route that Gucci and Alessandro have traveled together in recent years is distinctive and will remain an exceptional time in the history of this Maison.
- Expressed in recent years through fashion shows bordering on reality, just think of the latest Gucci Twinsburg, with twin models and distinctive capsule collections, such as adidas x Gucci.
- With admire and dedication, stride by stride, going from being an uncomplicated assistant to the previous creative director Frida Giannini to becoming one of the best-known designers in the fashion system.
- Few people know that in 2014 he became creative director of Richard Ginori, the historic Florentine porcelain brand (later acquired by Gucci in 2013).
- At the end of the nineties he joined Fendi in the role of senior accessories designer, moving to Gucci in 2002, personally chosen by the now creative director Tom Ford.