Sumary of If You Want to Lose Weight, Take a Look at Your Gut Bacteria – These Probiotics Might Help:
- Among their many benefits, these bacteria can improve your immune system, digestion, and heart health, but can probiotics also help you lose weight?.
- rather, it seems your weight is affected by the overall diversity of your gut bacteria, to which probiotics contribute..
- A 2013 study from Denmark, for example, noted that people of a high weight with less gut diversity gained weight faster than those with more diverse gut bacteria..
- Summing it all up, a 2017 review found that probiotics can help you lose weight and body fat, though researchers noted that in most studies, the amount lost wasn’t dramatic..
- A study from 2013 found that, after taking Lactobacillus gasseri for 12 weeks, 210 people with high amounts of body fat lost weight, belly fat, and visceral fat (fat around the organs) while reducing their BMI, waist size, and hip circumference..
- Another potentially promising probiotic for weight loss is Bifidobacterium, with one study showing that people who took one strain of Bifidobacterium for three months lost more belly fat and lowered their BMI and waist size (compared with a control group taking a placebo)….