Sumary of How to Spot a Fake KN95 Mask:
- Cloth masks aren’t as effective against the rapidly spreading omicron variant of COVID-19, so there’s a push from health officials to wear N95 or KN95 masks.
- They’re higher quality and offer a tighter, more secure fit than reusable cloth or surgical masks.
- N95 and KN95 masks (made in the U.S. and China respectively), are equally effective at filtering out 95 percent of airborne particles.
- Since health care professionals should have priority using N95s, they may be hard to find, making KN95 masks the next best option.
- When you order KN95 masks for you and your kids, you should know that fake KN95 masks exist.