Sumary of Powerlifter Meg Boggs Wants to Destigmatize Being Fat in Fitness:
- Powerlifter and fitness influencer Meg Boggs did everything possible growing up to physically conform and change.
- And it wasn’t until Boggs became a mom four years ago, she said on the Today show when discussing her book, Fitness For Every Body, that she realized she had to break this toxic way of life for the sake of her daughter.
- Boggs further told POPSUGAR over the phone this past fall, “You’re only ever considered successful as a fat person when it’s paired with a weight-loss story.
- ” Boggs stressed that we don’t typically see larger bodies depicted as strong — and even enjoying fitness — and this is damaging.
- ” It’s empowering to let go of any stigma connected to the word “fat” and embrace fitness, Boggs said.