Sumary of Alessandro Michele steps down as Gucci creative director after “extraordinary journey”:
- Following Italian fashion designer and former creative director Frida Gianninis exit from Gucci in 2014, Michele was tasked with creating its Autumn Winter 2015 amass in place of Gianninis in just five days.
- I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet Alessandro at the end of 2014, since then, we have had the pleasure to work closely together as Gucci has charted its successful route over these last eight ears, said Gucci CEO Marco Bizzari.
- I would like to thank him for his 20 years of commitment to Gucci and for his vision, devotion and unconditional love for this exclusive house during his tenure as creative director.
- Kering has not announced a new creative director but said that Guccis design office will continue to carry the direction of the house forward until a successor is announced.
- Michele joined Gucci in 2002. Michele joined Gucci as an accessories specialist in 2002 under the direction of former Gucci creative director Tom Ford.
- Kering CEO and chairman François-Henri Pinault added: The roadway that Gucci and Alessandro walked together over the past years is exclusive and will remain as an outstanding time in the history of the House.