Sumary of What are the jewels “granted” at the funeral of Queen Elizabeth:
- Queen consort Camilla and Kate Middleton with pearls Why pearls are mourning jewels It seems a contradiction: pearls are the jewels of brides and, at the same time, the most suitable jewels for mourning.
- Brilliant, yes, but without the red sparkle of ruby or the glow of gold: for this reason they are the most suitable for funerals and are also the only ones we will see in Queen Elizabeth’s funeral ceremony.
- All these jewels have one element in common: they are so-called white jewels , composed only of pearls and diamonds.
- Even the jewels must follow some rules: which are allowed and which are not.
- More precisely, it was Queen Victoria who launched the tradition after the death of Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg, her beloved husband.
- Activate notifications to receive updates on The death of Queen Elizabeth II ACTIVATE THE UPDATES The eyes of the world are on London: today at 11 (12, Italian time) at Westminster Abbey the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II will be celebrated.
- From that moment on she wore only black clothes, influencing the fashion of the time, and she rejected colors even in jewelry.